Stupid Boyfriend Rant

June 25, 2008

I thought living with my boyfriend would be peaches and cream, all night sex, and happily ever after. I was wrong.

Last night I met Kirk at Dan's after class, he goes there on Tuesday's, it's his "thing". He goes up there to hang with friends. His new group of friends all happen to be girls, but they're cool with me so I'm cool with them. I guess that makes him the weird gay-ish guy that hangs with chicks? Anyways, after I was there long enough to have a few Blue Moons he starts to yawn, complain about his headache, and says he's ready to leave (this is around 12). Since I drove separately I decided to leave on my own. He said he was going to tab out.

I was under the impression that when he said "I'm going to tab out" that meant that he was going to tab out and come home pretty quickly after that. I ate a Lean Cuisine, watched "I Love the New Millennium" on VH1, and went to bed. I was slightly concerned he wasn't home yet, but figured he was on his way. I'm in bed by 12:30. My mental alarm clock woke me up around 2:15 and I noticed I had no Kirk in my bed. I was worried. I thought he may have gotten in a car wreck or something, and because he didn't answer my phone calls, I started to get the panicky feelings. He's pulled this crap on me before so I should have known he was just being a stupid d-bag and gone back to bed. Well, 3 am rolls around and his drunk ass stumbles in and all hell broke loose. He tells me that he was at his friend Rocky's house drinking (Rocky is his buddy in the band that plays at DM's on Tuesday nights). I asked him if it was just the two of them and he says yes. Psssshhhhyyyeaaahhhh right! Rocky's a hot guy in a band, there's always going to be hot chicks around. I'm much smarter than you are Kirk (and this is heightened when I'm sober and he's drunk). That's not even the reason I'm thinking Kirk needs his balls kicked. The reason I'm mad is that he WOKE ME UP AT 3AM ON A WORK NIGHT! Seriously? I have to work in the morning and your drunk ass wakes me up at almost 3 am? You're 31 acting like a 21 year old. He has absolutely no respect for me or anyone else. When you move someone in with you, you have to be respectful of their needs and responsibilities as well as your own. He's very selfish, and I don't know if he will ever change. To top if all off he drove home wasted last night. I lost two close friends to drunk driving so it really makes me mad when he pulls that crap. I'm just so incredibly pissed right now. I don't want to break up with him, I'm done doing that, but I really wish he would look at things from my perspective. He's only concerned about how things affect him, not me.

So, I'm going to take advice from my good friends, I'm going to put Emily in front of Kirk. I'm done cooking, cleaning, packing his lunches, and all the other domesticated shit that eats up all my time. He's a big boy, he can take care of himself. And since he doesn't want to have to "check in with anyone", I will show him the same respect in return. I will no longer pay attention to him when he's acting like a brat, because any attention is a reaction, and from now on I'm not reacting to him. I think in the long run that will piss him off more than me yelling at him (which is a reaction).

No comments:

Post a Comment