He Missed My 26th Birthday

October 9, 2007

It's my birthday today. BFD. 26 isn't a milestone or anything that requires extra attention. I don't need to be showered with love and affection and have people lick my toes or anything like that, but a phone call from the man that "loves me" would be nice. Seriously, 5:00 pm and not a peep from him? I called him last night to confirm the dinner plans we have with my parents tonight and he didn't answer so I left a sickeningly sweet message for him and he never returned my call. I'll be damned if I'm going to call him on my birthday and say, "Why haven't you called me yet, it's my birthday?" even though I'm whining about it here. I know I'm being a child and I need to grow some balls and blah blah blah, I realize all of this, but that doesn't change the fact that my boyfriend hasn't called me on my birthday. He has no excuse. He knows it's my birthday I talked about it all week. I know he's super busy with work right now, but a "Happy Birthday" phone call will take less than 5 minutes. Maybe he just thinks that he's seeing me tonight and that's good enough. Well guess what, it's not. I can yell at him about this and he can't get mad at me, you know why? IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I know I'm being a total diva right now, but damn.

....

As a followup:
He never did call me, until 9pm when I was already eating with my parents and I tried numerous times to reach. I was upset (and crying at the dinner table), my parents were mad at him because he made me cry on my birthday, and my dinner was pretty much ruined. I did end up going over to his place afterwards. He did get me a gift, but he left it in the Walmart plastic sack with the recipt still in it. How thoughtful, you ran to Walmart at the last minute at 8:45 on my birthday (time and date ON the receipt, dumb ass) to get my present. The gift was nice, a Serius radio for my car, but he got him one too, so the shine was definitly taken off. This man has no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment