Friends?

December 5, 2006

You think you know someone so well and that you can tell them everything, and one day they stop talking to you altogether because their boyfriend doesn't like you. There are two sides to every story, and you'll twist this to our mutual friends to make it appear that you did nothing wrong, because I honestly think that you still have no clue. I felt used and taken advantage of by you, and especially by your boyfriend.

A friend doesn't throw you away like you were a piece of garbage. A friend is there through thick and thin, regardless of what their boyfriend says about you. I have offered three "olive branches" to you, and you've chosen to ignore them. That's fine, it has just proven that evertyhing I'm saying in this blog is absolutely true. We had a fight, and I said some things I should have just kept to myself, even though they were all true. Sometimes the truth hurts, honey. If you keep shutting out everyone that has an opinion different than yours, you're not going to have anyone left. Some people just don't bend to your every whim, and you're going to be missing out on a lof of really terrific people.

I once thought you were independent and self motivated but I guess I was wrong. You let others influnce your behavior, and you can't look past the small things. You're what my dad likes to call a "fair-weather friend". If it gets a little messy, you bail. I am plauged with being a bit over-dramatic, but that's just WHO I AM, and I will never change. You can't change people no matter how hard you try. I've accepted the fact that you don't want me as a friend, but I think your motivations for that are absolutely absurd. So, in traditional Emily fashion...I don't need your friendship, you weren't that great of a friend to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment